Saturday, January 21, 2012

3. The Abyssinian Baptist Choir - Shakin' the Rafters


Ok - now we're certainly getting into some new areas!

Even though many of the artists that I love, from the Talking Heads to the Grateful Dead to Bruce Springsteen have incorporated gospel influences in the their music, I've never listened to a pure gospel album.

Overall, I really liked this live album, recorded in Newark, NJ in the 1960s - the energy was incredible. By the end, though - I pretty much had enough - but I definitely want to explore more gospel.


2 comments:

  1. Interesting that you still want to explore more. There are some types of music that I own one album of and that's enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When this album was good, it was *really* good - especially the first five or six tracks. I actually listened to some of it on the treadmill last week, and it was amazingly motivational. The last four or five tracks just dragggged, though.

    ReplyDelete