Tuesday, January 17, 2012

1. Abba - Gold


Well, this was a pretty easy way to start - nothing too challenging here.

Got lots of grief from several friends when Abba started to pop up in my Facebook feed via Spotify.  Fortunately, I have no shame when it comes to music.  As many of you know, I'm perfectly comfortable admitting I listen to Glee, Barry Manilow, Dan Fogelberg and other cheesy pop music.

That said, I don't think I've ever listened to an Abba album - my experiences have just been from the radio and that horrible Mamma Mia movie.

This stuff is FUN - great pop music.  Even the songs I'd never heard before were terrific.  Listen to Does Your Mother Know and tell me it doesn't sounds like a lost Nick Lowe song!

Also, I've created a playlist on Spotify for the 1000 Listens journey - after each album listen, I'll put one favorite in the playlist.

One down... many to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment