Wednesday, February 8, 2012

6. Introduction to Johnny Adams


Well, as promised, I've gone rogue.

The book had a different Johnny Adams album listed, but it wasn't available on Spotify.  I listened to some snippets on Amazon, though - and loved the sound of his voice.  So I checked out this album and really liked it!

Great soulful voice, terrific R&B arrangements and searing blues guitar make up this collection.  It gets a little schmaltzy by the end, but I'd definitely recommend checking it out.

On another note, I'm thrilled to have been discovered by the "1000 Recordings" community - like-minded music nuts who are going through the book and blogging their listening experiences.  Check out Recording the Recordings, which includes a blogroll of others doing this.

UPDATE 9-26-18

Happily, I'm 2 for 2 on albums being added to Spotify during my long break. I had really liked Johnny Adams' voice when listening to the album above, and this one really doesn't disappoint either! It's a rollicking set of songs. I do wish I had read the description in the book before listening - didn't know it was Dr. John playing piano on this. C'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment